How do you treat antral gastritis?
- Antibiotic medications to kill H. pylori.
- Medications that block acid production and promote healing. Proton pump inhibitors reduce acid by blocking the action of the parts of cells that produce acid.
- Medications to reduce acid production.
- Antacids that neutralize stomach acid.
What’s the best medication for gastritis?
- Antacids. Over-the-counter antacids, including Rolaids, Maalox, Mylanta and Tums, neutralize stomach acid and may provide relief from gastritis symptoms.
- H2 blockers. Cimetidine (Tagamet), famotidine (Pepcid) and ranitidine (Zantac) are all H2 blockers.
- Proton pump inhibitors (PPIs).
What causes inflammation in the stomach called antral gastritis?
What is Antral Gastritis? Antral gastritis or gastric antrum inflammation or simply gastritis is a condition in which the lining of the stomach becomes inflamed. It can be caused by different types of food and drinks as well as bacteria. Antral gastritis can be mild to severe.
When do you have erosive gastritis in the antrum?
When a person has erosive gastritis in the antrum it is usually caused by the gastric juices that irritate the upper curvature of your stomach which usually will lead to stomach ulcers. Some of the other causes can include:
What does gastritis stand for in medical terms?
Gastritis is a general term for a group of conditions with one thing in common: inflammation of the lining of the stomach.
Is there a difference between catarrhal and antral gastritis?
While most types of gastritis occur throughout the entire gastric mucosa, antral gastritis affects only one region of the stomach. There are two different forms of antral gastritis: Antral superficial gastritis. Also known as catarrhal or simple gastritis.
What is the recovery time for gastritis?
The average healing time reported by Gastritis sufferers, is 5 months to reach full recovery. Individual recovery time frames will vary. This healing process works for Any autoimmune condition, many of which are listed as “unknown causes” by the disease industry.
How do you heal gastritis?
You can help to heal gastritis and ulcers and improve digestive health by eating dark green leafy veggies, such as broccoli, spinach, and cabbage, which are full of vitamins and minerals. Eating low-fat, protein-rich foods can help to repair stomach inflammation.
What is the cure for gastritis?
Some common treatments for many different types of gastritis include antibiotics, proton pump inhibitors, and antacids. Acid-blocking medications are also frequently used for gastritis treatment.
How do I relieve gastritis pain?
- Anti-inflammatory diet. Gastritis gets activated when your digestive system is taxed and your stomach lining becomes inflamed.
- Garlic extract. At least 50 percent of the world’s population has H.
- Green tea with manuka honey.
- Essential oils.
- Smaller meals.
- Lifestyle changes.